Early in session, Speaker Howell KILLED the best Individual Property Rights Bill, HB2223, sponsored by Conservative Caucus leader, Delegate Ben Cline, by sending it to his Rules Committee. This internal manipulation or another, MUST be employed to kill HB 2313. This bill supports more regionalism in the attempt to give unelected , unaccountable , unconstitutional , unwanted, unaffordable, control to appointees on the transportation board and PDCs.
Delegate Stolle of the Southside has been a member of the HRTPO for a year now, in direct defiance of the HRTPO's bylaws. Because the HRTPO is, and has been operating out of the bounds of its' bylaws, any votes he makes can be subject to a legal challenge.
The HRTPO cannot replace Delegate Stolle on their own, because the bylaws require that the Speaker of the House appoint delegates to the HRTPO.
The HRTPO Executive Director advised a NN contact that the HRTPO is mailing a letter on the subject to the Speaker on February 25. But, he is not optimistic about any quick action by the Speaker.What is the cost to to the taxpayers to fund Stolle's position on the HRTPO and did he vote to support this taxaholic initiative? Kill HB 2313!
Estimate = 6.1 Billion in new taxes over 5 years.
- The C&I tax is in there. (Loudon BOS is raising Cain about it!)
- For NOVA and Tidewater the sales tax increase is .8 % . The rest of the state is a .3% increase. The additional is to stay in the local areas for transportation.
- Removes 17.5 cent gas tax ....Implements 3.5% wholesale 'RACK' tax. (Diesel 6%) Gasoline tax savings 5-7 cents per gallon at current price per gallon
- Car title tax increased 1%
- Note: All of the new taxes above are percentages so tied to inflation.
- Dulles rail funding included
- Applies a $100 fee to alternative fuel vehicles.
- Includes money for mass transit
- Includes money for education
Distinction between conservation and environmentalism: The first means taking care to use natural resources without ruining them for the next person. The second says that mankind has no rights and suggests that any use of any natural resource causes damage. We must STOP AGENDA 21!